Happy Holidays and New Year, Fans & Filmmaker Friends!
I got great response to this last year, so here we go again. To celebrate this productive year for all of us, I've put together an album of some favorite cues from the four features I scored this year and one from each of the short films that won awards in 2011. There's everything from emotional orchestra to circus music, from heavy metal to tango, and from African drums to a Marvin Gaye impersonation.
Just to be clear, these aren't for you to use in projects, but to listen to and hopefully get some inspiration from. Enjoy, and I look forward to working with you all in the new year!
- Jake's Dead - End Titles - a recap of the emotional, eerie and action themes from Jack Graham & Twisted Arrow Productions' horror/psychological drama feature which has just finished up post in San Francisco
- Saturnalia - End Titles - emotional orchestral strings & horns with synth and electric guitars from writer-director Gustavo Mercado's drama feature, just completed in New York
- Shades of Treason - End Titles - Javanese suling, horns, electric guitars, Indian & middle eastern percussion & synth, from Ozone Productions' drama feature about John Walker Lindh
- Begin Again - End Titles - sentimental rock conclusion of the family drama feature from eLLeSSe Productions in Salt Lake City
- Pulp Boy - Main Titles MIDI Mockup (new version with drums) - classic 1980's style orchestral themes for the in-development feature film from producer Jacob Dickey; nominated, Best Composition, 2011 Action on Film International Film Festival
- Love Sick - excerpts - baroque-folk-reggae-rock-wedding music from writer-director Kevin Lacy's rom-com; winner, Utah State University Fringe Festival; winner, Utah Arts Festival Utah Short Film of the Year; winner, Salt Lake City Weekly 2011 Artys, Best Short Film; winner, Mainstreet Movie Company Oscar Bash 2012, Best Utah Produced Short Film
- Offing Adolph - excerpts - epic sci-fi silliness from writer-director Eric Fisher's time travel comedy; winner, Audience Choice, Spring 2011 Who Likes Short Shorts? Film Festival
- Sente Sente - excerpts - African drums, modern action and ethereal vocal ambience from director AJ Brooks' short; 2nd place, DVXUser.com Fiction Fest
- Reco - End Titles- pastoral orchestral music from the period drama by writer-director Chris Adler; Gold Medal for Excellence in Original Music for a Short Film, 2011 Park City Film Music Festival; Audience Choice Award, 2011 Westchester Film Festival
- X96 - End Titles - orchestral metal from James Cawley's drama short; winner, 2011 X96 Radio From Hell Film Festival; nominated, Utah Arts Festival Utah Short Film of the Year
- Water Under the Bridge - full score - from Tauya Gren's short horror flick; Best Kill, 2011 Demon Chaser Short Film Competition
- Pure Evil - main titles - from Mark Bauer's psychological horror film; Best in Show, Reel Terror Film Festival
- Dismatta - full score - from the drama by director Lee Gardner; Gold Medal for Excellence in Music for a Short Film, 2011 Park City Film Music Festival
- Reue - End Titles - epic orchestra & hard rock from James Cawley's WWII drama; 2nd Place, Spring 2011 Who Likes Short Shorts? Film Festival; won, Best Costumes - Short & nominated, Best Period Piece & Best War Piece, 2011 Action on Film International Film Festival
- My Undeadly - The Donk! - 'Dawn of the Dead' spoof from the short horror-comedy from Dave Reda; Audience Choice Award, Salty Horror International Film Festival 2011; Executive Consultant Trophy - Brainwash Film Festival; Winner, Best Short, & Best Actress in a Short - Bleedfest
- Eggsistential Issues - excerpts - authentic silent film & modern horror music for director Thomas McMinn's short; Gold Medal for Excellence in Music for a Short Film, 2011 Park City Film Music Festival
- A Taste of Love - A Taste of Tango - from director Chase Weston's cannibal love story; nominated, Utah Arts Festival Utah Short Film of the Year; nominated, Best Composition, 2011 Action on Film International Film Festival
- A Taste of Love - Sexual Feeding - from director Chase Weston's cannibal love story; winner, Best Song, 2011 Action on Film International Film Festival; nominated, Utah Arts Festival Utah Short Film of the Year
Congratulations to everyone involved in the award-winning films above, and here's to bigger and better in 2012!!!